Tuesday, March 2, 2010

More Rides in February and a Good Start to March

I got together with Gorski, Pribble, and Mark on Sunday for an excellent ride from Chaska to Belle Plaine up through Jordan and then back to Chaska again.  The weather was excellent, about as good as you could ask for in February.  I think it wound up being 47 miles.

Took Monday off except for a short spin on the rollers.  On Tuesday I decided to ride up to Hwood's with a fork that I did some work on.  It fit perfectly in my messenger bag which was good since I didn't want to drive.  I was thinking I might run into trouble at the Ferry Bridge crossing with all the snow.  I attempted it, but unlike riding on 2" mtb tires it just wasn't going to work out.  So I improvised and rode down to Shakopee to cross at 101 and Flying Cloud.  Turns out my 14 mile ride up changed into a 35 or something ride.  More than I was planning since my overall initially would have been 30 roundtrip.  Jay wound up giving me a ride south across 35 and I picked up my route from their.  Decent 45 miler on another fantastic winter day.


The planned route.









The actual route.

0 comments:

Post a Comment