Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Bike Season has Come.

At the shop it has been hectic.  Lots and lots of bikes that need love.  Would have loved to have seen these in January or February.  It's good, but some people just don't get that it can't be done overnight.  Got another nice 75 mile ride in on Sunday.  We hit some dirt roads for a portion of the route, probably about 2 miles.  I can't believe no one flatted.

I found some time to get my van seats fixed.  The power button was only working in one direction, so every time I hit it, the seat would lean back a bit more.  I pulled out some control panel that was behind the buttons to have a look.  I was bumming because in order to get the panel out I had to electrically move the seat as far forward as I could, which put the seat in an un-drivable position.  When I popped open the panel 10 little copper plates fell out.  I was worried about getting them back in.  After close examination, I hypothesized about their position and purpose.  It was tricky getting these things to sit in the proper place and not fall out since nothing holds them in place other than the shell/casing which needs to fit back together precisely. A little patience and McGuyvering prevailed.  Yeah seats.

0 comments:

Post a Comment