Friday, January 22, 2010

Rust Never Sleeps

This week has been a somber week. A friend whom I hadn't seen in awhile passed away. He was much too young to have passed. Seeing his pictures and water bottle brought a rush of feelings that I didn't even know existed. I am grateful to have known him and to have shared some memorable times together. I will miss him, as will many others. RIP Gianni.


My uncle passed away on Thursday. My mother's brother has been suffering from a disease that he didn't know of until late in its grips. He found out about the disease about 7 years before his death. He was 57 on Thursday when he died. He was suffering from Liver Cancer which was brought on by years of undiagnosed Hemachromatosis, which is a genetic disorder that gets passed down through the family genes. This disease collects iron in the body, unlike regular metabolism that rids itself of excess iron.


I wish that I could have spent some more time with him or seen him smile one last time. It had been years since I had seen him, but I can still remember his charismatic smile. It came on so fast in the end. May your family and your soul go on in peace. Ron I love you and because of what you endured, I will live a longer life knowing that my body carries the same genes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment