Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Cyclo Cross at Hudson YMCA

The Big Ring Flyers over in Hudson put on a great race.  The course was okay, but the event was great.  They had a nice venue with the YMCA providing showers and pool if needed.  Food was on the grill, a little hammer gel schwag, and music.  The course featured a lot of off camber sections and lots and lots of 180's.  The 180's are not my favorite since it involves a short acceleration with a rapid deceleration, so lots of hard braking and with my Brett Favre elbow acting up it puts the elbow through the ringer.  A couple of sections that were long where you could get up to speed and lots of bumpy terrain.  I had a decent start, in that I didn't go too hard and blow, but hard enough to have a good position to work from.  I should of dug a bit deeper to hold off Bell.  Fred and I had a rematch from last weeks Dakota Tech duking it out for the duration.  I held my speed til the end and Fred faded.  Next up is Saturday's race in Andy's crazy commune in St. Croix.

0 comments:

Post a Comment