Monday, February 22, 2010

Road miles in February?

I typically don't get in too many miles until Opus starts.  Usually I have been busy either training new mechanics for the bike man or the last few years too busy with school.  Today was too nice of a day to pass up and the scale has been laughing at me.  I did my old standby Jordan loop which winds up being 55 miles.  Being that this route has no shortcuts I was a little apprehensive to start.  I had to get psyched up for the distance since I knew I was in for the cross eyed bonk and the numb toes and fingers.  It wound up being a good ride with intermittent bouts of cold fingers and cold toes, but not too bad.  No bonk. That must be because of my excess fuel stores or my 30 mile mtb commute to work last week. I'm not a big fan of dog induced intervals, but I got one of those in today.  This has never happened before on this route, hopefully that will not become a regular feature of the ride.

I saw the movie Shutter Island on Saturday with Karen.  It was an alright movie.  I expected it to be more scary.  It really wasn't scary but it was a psychologically twisted movie that came up a bit short of great.

0 comments:

Post a Comment